Living in Melbourne is a big part of your student experience. There are a number of accommodation options from living on-campus, to living with an Australian family (homestay), to living in a student apartment in the city. If you’re not sure which is right for you, remember, we’re always here to help.
Your accommodation options
How to choose your accommodation
1. Are you under 18?
If you are under 18, you’ll need to stay in places that offer more safety and security. Look at off-campus accommodation options or homestay.
2. Which Monash College campus will you be studying at?
Choose accommodation that is close to your campus. Foundation year, Monash English and Monash English Bridging for Diplomas students will be at our city campus. Monash English Bridging for University and diploma students are at Clayton. (If you’re doing art and design, you’ll be at Caulfield.)
3. What kind of experience do you want?
Make a list of what’s important and choose the accommodation that suits you best. Here are some things to consider:
- Do you want to live on your own or with other students?
- Do you want to be involved in student activities or do you like to do your own thing?
- Will you be eating out a lot or will you need a kitchen for cooking?