This page will be regularly updated with the latest information and the College’s response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Page updated 7 October 2021
The College is taking a proactive approach to managing the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Staff and student wellbeing is the primary factor in all our decision making about COVID-19, and our focus remains the safety of the College community (see below for student support). We are taking the needs of each community group and division into account, and we are also working closely with the University in developing our ongoing response.
This is a difficult time for our many international students. Our international community is highly valued and we are doing everything we can to support our students.
Monash College will continue to carefully monitor this situation and will act with speed to protect the health and wellbeing of our students and staff. Updates will be provided as soon as they are available.
- The Premier released Victoria’s Roadmap: Delivering the National Plan on Sunday 19 September.
- In line with government restrictions, all College sites remain closed during with all classes continuing in the Virtual Classroom.
- Anyone who has visited a public exposure site must get tested immediately and follow the specific health advice. Please regularly check this list as it will be updated with more sites if required.
- A fitted face mask is mandatory in public outdoor and indoor spaces at all times, including at our College sites, unless you have a lawful exemption. You can remove your mask in class for presentation purposes, as long as 1.5 metres physical distancing is maintained.
- The density quotient only applies in publicly accessible areas of offices such as lobbies and reception areas.
- Our ongoing priority remains the health, safety and wellbeing of the College community. We ask that students review the re-entry to campus fact sheet prior to returning to campus, which contains detailed information on the measures we’ve put in place to ensure our community is safe.
- Our COVID Safe Plan also sets out the actions we're taking to protect our staff, students and wider College community, and our response to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 at the College.
- You must not return to campus if you're unwell. Get tested for COVID-19 if you have any of the following symptoms, however mild – fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell – and stay home until you’ve received a negative result. For information about testing, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.