This page will be regularly updated with the latest information and the College’s response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Page updated 11 September 2020
The College is taking a proactive approach to managing the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Staff and student wellbeing is the primary factor in all our decision making about COVID-19, and our focus remains the safety of the College community (see below for student support). We are taking the needs of each community group and division into account, and we are also working closely with the University in developing our ongoing response.
This is a difficult time for our many international students. Our international community is highly valued and we are doing everything we can to support our students.
Monash College will continue to carefully monitor this situation and will act with speed to protect the health and wellbeing of our students and staff. Updates will be provided as soon as they are available.
- On Sunday 6 September, the Victorian Government released its roadmap for reopening, which sees Stage 4 restrictions extended until 28 September, with requirements for low active case numbers before education and workplace restrictions are eased.
- In line with the government's announcement, we will continue to deliver teaching via the Virtual Classroom.
- All people living in Victoria are required to wear a face covering when leaving home.
- Virtual classes will be provided for all new and continuing students in Foundation Year Semester 2, Diploma Trimester 2 and English Terms 6 & 7.
- Through our hybrid teaching model, most of our classes resumed from Monday 22 June in the Virtual Classroom, with a limited number of staff and students on campus for units with practical components.
- The College's Virtual Classroom environment began on Monday 30 March for all students. This is a temporary measure to help protect our students and to contribute to the worldwide response to the COVID-19 crisis.
- The College stopped delivering face-to-face classes on 18 March.