This page will be regularly updated with the latest information and the College’s response to COVID-19 (coronavirus).
Page updated 23 February 2022
The College is taking a proactive approach to managing the impacts of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
Staff and student wellbeing is the primary factor in all our decision making about COVID-19, and our focus remains the safety of the College community (see below for student support). We are taking the needs of each community group and division into account, and we are also working closely with the University in developing our ongoing response.
This is a difficult time for our many international students. Our international community is highly valued and we are doing everything we can to support our students.
Monash College will continue to carefully monitor this situation and will act with speed to protect the health and wellbeing of our students and staff. Updates will be provided as soon as they are available.
- From 21 February 2022, all visa holders who are fully vaccinated for international travel purposes can travel to Australia without a travel exemption. Unvaccinated visa holders will still need to be in an exempt category or hold an individual travel exemption to enter Australia.
- From Monday 21 February 2022, all Melbourne-based students are required to attend on-campus classes and participate in all scheduled learning activities.
- For those students currently offshore, classes will continue via the Virtual Classroom.
- Onshore students absent from campus due to COVID-19 isolation requirements, you will be required to fill out an online form advising the College that you are isolating. This form is available here.
- Onshore students must register their vaccination status before attending 750 Collins Street.
- Our ongoing priority remains the health, safety and wellbeing of the College community. We ask that students review the re-entry to campus fact sheet prior to returning to campus, which contains detailed information on the measures we’ve put in place to ensure our community is safe.
- Our COVID Safe Plan also sets out the actions we're taking to protect our staff, students and wider College community, and our response to a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 at the College.
- You must not return to campus if you're unwell. Get tested for COVID-19 if you have any of the following symptoms, however mild – fever, chills or sweats, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of sense of taste or smell – and stay home until you’ve received a negative result. For information about testing, visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.