24 September 2015
Each year Monash welcomes more than 600 international students under the age of 18 to Australia. To further support our younger students in their transition to living and studying abroad, Monash College has introduced an Under 18 Guardianship service for all underage students at Monash. In line with the welfare and care arrangements required by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP), the new service will provide a holistic approach to supporting younger students during their studies.
The Under 18 Guardianship service will be available to all Monash students who are under 18 years of age and will not be living with a parent or relative during their studies. Prior to enrolment, each student will be assigned a Monash College Under 18 Guardian who will be responsible for their well being until they turn 18.
By using the Monash College U18 Guardianship service, students will benefit from:
- regular check-ins with dedicated staff on campus, in multiple languages
- close liaison with students' accommodation providers
- after-hours phone support
- direct contact with parents
- on-site support with a range of essential services, including making medical appointments, gaining approval for travel etc.
Applications for the Under 18 Guardianship Service are now open. For more information and to apply visit: monashcollege.edu.au/students-under-18