Dr Christine Nixon, Chair, Monash College Board
- Honorary Doctorate of Laws, Macquarie University
- Honorary Doctorate of the University, University of Ballarat
- Honorary Doctorate of Laws, Monash University
- Honorary Doctorate of Letters, University of Wollongong
- Master of Public Administration, Harvard University
- Bachelor of Arts (Philosophy and Politics), Macquarie University
- Diploma in Labour Relations and Law, University of Sydney
Additional honours and memberships:
- Member, Monash University Council
- Inaugural Chair, Good Shepherd Microfinance Board
- Fellow, Australian and New Zealand School of Government
- National Fellow, Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Police Management
As the former Chief Commissioner of Victoria Police, Christine is an experienced leader with a history of managing organisational reform and cultural change.
Deputy Chancellor, Monash University, Christine is also a respected teacher, specialising in leadership, regulation, corruption prevention and communications. An advocate for women, disadvantaged youth and multi-faith and multicultural communities, she has received numerous awards in recognition of her contributions.
With more than 30 years in leadership, both with the police and in business, Christine has earned a reputation for excellence in risk management, crisis management, corruption prevention and human resource management.
She develops and delivers leadership programs and has also independently presented to numerous prominent organisations, including:
- Leadership Victoria
- Hong Kong Government
- European Union
- New Zealand and Pacific Island nations.
Christine joined our board in 2012.