Dr Colin McLeod, Member, Monash College Board
- PhD (Commercialising New Technology), The University of Melbourne
- Master of Business Administration, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts, The University of Melbourne
With more than 30 years' business experience, Colin specialises in strategy, marketing and management.
He was previously General Manager – Marketing, Communications and Public Affairs at the Australian Football League (AFL), having joined the AFL after several years as Executive Director, Marketing and Brand Management at Goldman Sachs JBWere.
Prior to that, he was Group Marketing Manager for Telstra Mobile, following an esteemed academic career that included appointments at:
- The University of Melbourne
- Melbourne Business School, The University of Melbourne
- Haas School of Business at the University of California, Berkeley
- Judge Business School at the University of Cambridge
- Monash University.
Colin holds a BA, an MBA and a PhD, with 'the commercialisation of innovation' as the topic of his doctoral thesis. His academic research in marketing, innovation, customer co-creation and public health has been published in major international journals.
He is a Director of several private companies involved in information technology, biotechnology financial services and health services.
Colin also serves as a member of the executive committee at the Austin Hospital, which has raised almost $200 million to construct the Olivia Newton John Cancer & Wellness Centre, and as a member of the AFL Research Board.
Colin joined our board in 2013.