Monash English Bridging
We offer two English pathways into our Diploma programs. Which one is right for you depends on your current English language proficiency.
Why study Monash English Bridging?
- The curriculum is designed for diploma students and is aligned with the skills you need to succeed at Monash
- After successfully completing MEB you’ll directly enter the diploma – no need for an IELTS test
- Benefit from learning language terms specific to your diploma study area
- MEB for Diplomas is only for diploma students, so you’ll make friends with your future classmates before you even begin
As a Monash English Bridging student, you’ll develop the skills required to prepare you for our diploma program.
- Communicate effectively in social conversations, academic discussions and presentations
- Improve your grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation
- Improve your writing, reading and listening skills
- Understand, apply and explain theories in your diploma area
- Write summaries and short reports in an academic style
- Understand and use Australian academic conventions
- Learn how to respond to feedback
- Become an independent learner
|Duration||Diplomas: 10, 15 or 20 weeks|
University: 10, 15 or 20 weeks
|Campus||Melbourne city or Clayton|
|Contact hours||20 hours per week + 15 hours extra study|
|Class timetable|| Monday – Friday, 8.30am–12.45pm|
Monday – Friday, 12.45-5pm or 1-5.15pm
|Start dates||Classes begin before diplomas and university semesters|
Entry requirements vary depending on the English language requirements of your destination course. Select your destination course or entry requirement.