Monash English Bridging Indonesia
At Monash College we are dedicated to preparing students for success at university in Australia. By completing the Monash English Bridging (MEB) program you will gain fluency in English and confidence in the academic skills required at Monash University at a graduate level.
Based in central Jakarta at the Menteng campus of Universitas Mercu Buana, you will study the same curriculum and learn the same skills as MEB students in Australia, without the need to leave Indonesia.
The MEB is delivered in part-time mode to provide you the flexibility to manage your English studies around your work commitments.
Successful graduates of the MEB program gain direct entry into their destination programs without further testing such as IELTS, TOEFL or equivalent.
A direct pathway to Monash University for applicants of Indonesian scholarship programs
Monash University is a bold, enterprising and research-intensive institution ranked in the top 100 universities of the world. In many disciplines we are ranked in the top 50 of the world.
MEB is a well-established Monash University pathway and is accepted for entry into most Monash University Master and Doctoral programs. This will assist applicants of local scholarship programs such as the Lembaga Pengelola Dana Pendidikan (LPDP) enter Monash University or other Australian universities with IELTS 6.5 and 7.0 (or equivalent) requirements.
For more details visit the MEB page.
The benefits of english preparation at Monash
- Be confident in the Australian teaching and learning style before you commence your program.
- Benefit from our student-centric teaching style, giving you access to your tutors for immediate and personalised feedback.
- Be better-prepared for your graduate studies by learning academic skills essential to all degrees
- Study alongside like-minded students who have the same goal as you – to study at one of the world’s top universities.
- Help you develop an approach for writing a clear and focused research proposal
- Help you to qualify for numerous scholarship opportunities to study at world-class Australian universities
|Dates||Saturday, 26 January 2019 – Saturday, 4 May 2019|
|Location||Universitas Mercu Buana, Menteng Campus (Tugu Tani)|
|Fees||IDR 32,000,000 (IDR 10,000,000 deposit is required one month prior to the commencement of the MEB)|
English scholarships available for PhD candidates
Scholarships of up to AUD 3,000 may be available to applicants who are eligible for the Monash Doctoral Program (PhD).
Applicants should check their eligibility, and organise an invitation to apply for a PhD through an expression of interest or by seeking supervisors. English scholarships are available to eligible Doctoral applicants from the following Monash University faculties:
- Business and Economics
- Information Technology
- Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Doctoral and Master applicants from other disciplines may inquire about the availability of any scholarship funding.
For further information on Monash Doctoral programs visit the Monash University future students page.
All scholarship recipients are required to make a deposit of AUD1,000 one month before program commencement. The full AUD 1,000 will be reimbursed in full upon enrolment in Australia.
Applications for scholarships will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by individual faculties after the submission of an Expression of Interest, full application or confirmation of the availability of a Supervisor.
Monash English Placement Test (MEPT)
|Friday, 19 October||Universitas Mercu Buana, Menteng campus, 6.30pm – 8pm|
|Thursday, 25 October||Universitas Mercu Buana, Menteng campus, 6.30pm – 8pm|
|Saturday, 27 October||Universitas Mercu Buana, Meruya Campus, 10am – 11.30am|
Alternatively you may submit an english language proficiency test
- For Australian courses requiring an IELTS 6.5 you will need a score of IELTS 6.0, writing 6.0, no band lower than 5.0 (or equivalent).
- For Australian courses requiring an IELTS 7.0 you will need a score of IELTS 6.5, no band lower than 6.5 (or equivalent).
How to apply for the MEB
|Step 1||Submit an Expression of interest to apply for a Monash Graduate program following the admission process for your chosen discipline on the Monash University future students page.|
|Step 2||Sit the Monash English Placement Test.|
|Step 4||Apply online now and pay a program deposit of AUD 1,000 (fully reimbursed upon enrollment in Australia).|