Your Monash College life begins now!
Welcome. We want you to enjoy everything about Monash College and imagine that you have lots of questions. This website will help you prepare for your new life in Melbourne and first few weeks of class, making your Monash College experience even more enjoyable. The information provided will give you a good idea of what to expect and how to make the most of the support available. Once you’ve started class, you’ll find all of your study material on Moodle - our online learning platform. Our teachers are also very friendly and they'll be able to help answer your questions or let you know who can help you.
Here is a helpful checklist to help you prepare for life in Melbourne.
- Found and confirmed accommodation? If not, review the student accommodation options and seek assistance if needed
- Checked start dates for your course — Diploma, English Language, Foundation Year
- Booked flights and checked arrival time and date
Remember you need to arrive at least a few days before enrolment and orientation
- Set up Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) — our preferred provider is Allianz
- Set up your Monash account
- Selected subjects (if Foundation Year student)
- Booked airport reception
- Packed suitable laptop or tablet (with adaptors for Australia)
- Prior to travelling abroad, please check with your local doctor if you need to bring any medications or vaccinations. If you plan to bring any medications with you, please refer to the Australian Government Department of Health website for guidelines.