Your Monash College life begins now!
Welcome. We want you to enjoy everything about Monash College and imagine that you have lots of questions. This website will help you prepare for your new life in Melbourne and first few weeks of class, making your Monash College experience even more enjoyable. The information provided will give you a good idea of what to expect and how to make the most of the support available. Once you’ve started class, you’ll find all of your study material on Moodle - our online learning platform. Our teachers are also very friendly and they'll be able to help answer your questions or let you know who can help you.
What to pack
Don’t leave packing to the last minute! A good idea is to create a list on your phone, or with pen and paper, and check off things as you pack.
On top of basic items for your day-to-day life, you should pack:
- clothing and footwear for all types of weather - hot and cold.
- laptop and charger (including adaptors for Australian powerpoints)
- bilingual dictionary
- spare glasses or contacts
- your letter of offer and copies of other important Monash College correspondence
- A quick reference list of key contact people, emails and phone numbers
- Copies of your passport, visa, travel insurance and other important documents
Australia is strict about what can be brought into the country. You may have to declare some items (you fill out a form on the plane). Find out more about Australian customs.