Your Monash College life begins now!
Welcome. We want you to enjoy everything about Monash College and imagine that you have lots of questions. This website will help you prepare for your new life in Melbourne and first few weeks of class, making your Monash College experience even more enjoyable. The information provided will give you a good idea of what to expect and how to make the most of the support available. Once you’ve started class, you’ll find all of your study material on Moodle - our online learning platform. Our teachers are also very friendly and they'll be able to help answer your questions or let you know who can help you.
Meet your support network
To be a good student you need to feel supported in all areas of your life.
When you study at Monash College, you have a team of people and a range of services available to support you. You can talk to us about anything – accommodation, exams, your career, making friends or how to use public transport. We’re here to help you settle into living in Melbourne and studying at Monash.
Quick guide to your support network
Contact Student Engagement about things like...
- Practical problems relating to living in Australia; accommodation; health; transport; shopping or money
- Social, sporting activities, and leadership opportunities
- Accessing other student support and services (such as legal aid)
Contact Learning support staff about things like…
- Issues affecting your learning and academic performance
- Guidance on assignments, exam preparation and academic writing
- Tips on study skills, resources and learning support services
- Course information and advice
Contact Student Counselling about things like…
- Personal issues such as stress, anxiety, depression, homesickness, sleep or eating issues, self-harm, drug or alcohol problems
- Academic and learning problems related to personal issues
- Relationships difficulties, such as conflicts with family, friends or fellow students
- Transition problems, such as feeling alone, not understanding new environment or culture, missing the support of family
Contact Student Administration about things like…
- Enrolment, re-enrolments and orientation
- Attendance issues
- Academic documents
- Fees, payment and sponsorship support
- Transition to Monash University
- Course completion and exiting documents
- Monash account details
Contact Careers Advisors about things like…
- Course and career advice
- Subject selection
- Leadership and volunteering opportunities
- Scholarship applications