Your Monash College life begins now!
Welcome. We want you to enjoy everything about Monash College and imagine that you have lots of questions. This website will help give you an idea of what to expect during your first few weeks of class, the support available and tips on making your Monash College experience even more enjoyable. Once you’ve started class, you’ll find all of your study material on Moodle - our online learning platform. Our teachers are also very friendly and they'll be able to help answer your questions or let you know who can help you.
Enrolment and orientation
Diplomas online enrolment
Foundation Year online enrolment
Monash English Language online enrolment
Download your orientation schedule
Order your Monash ID card
Monash English Language enrolment
Congratulations and welcome to Monash College. Now that you have accepted your offer, it's time to enrol. Before enrolling, make sure you have met all the conditions of your offer.
Step 1: Create your Monash account
Already have your Monash account? Go straight to step 2.
To set up your Monash account you need your Monash ID. This is in your International Student Course Agreement (ISCA).
If you can't see the above video you can view on Youku.
For detailed instructions click here.
Help with this step
Activating your account
See our step-by-step guide to activating your Monash account from activation to setting up multi-factor authentication (MFA) and other handy self-service options. We strongly recommend you take up the self-service option for back-up codes and password reset - this can save you a lot of time if you forget your password or lose your phone.
Android users setting up MFA from China may encounter problems. Please see the help page at register for MFA from China.
Multi-factor authentication backup codes
If you get locked out of your account because your phone is lost, damaged, or replaced, or if you’ve accidentally deleted the Okta Verify app, you can now use a backup code to reset your MFA and get back into your account.
For any password problems, visit Identity Management Services. You'll also find how to register to change your own password.
Need more help?
If you're still experiencing issues creating an account and/or accessing your email, contact the Service Desk for help.
If you've received a previous offer and already have a Monash account, you don't need to create a new one - go straight to step 2.
Use your account to access your email, class timetable, my.monash portal, course materials, the library and the Web Enrolment System (WES).
We delete your account if you don't complete your enrolment, so make sure you enrol by the deadline.
To access your Monash mail account log into my.monash
Your Monash account is the only email the University will use to communicate with you. You should check it at least twice a week so you don't miss important messages about your enrolment or studies.
The VPN is a virtual private network that allows you to access Monash College applications and services. It is strongly recommended that you set up the VPN. Full details and setup information can be found here.
For students from Mainland China, watch this short video to see how to install and connect to the Monash International VPN on your laptop or desktop.
If you are unable to view the video, you can watch it on Youku.
For students from all other regions, follow the Instruction here to install and connect to the Monash VPN on your laptop or desktop.
If you have any issues with accessing our VPN, contact email@example.com. Leave your Monash ID number, name and contact details as well as a suitable time when a support team member can contact you and assist. Or you may wish to call them directly on +61 3 9903 2777
Monash IT handbook
For information about connecting to wi-fi, systems, computer labs and more, check out the Student Technology Essentials Handbook (pdf, 1.28 mb).
Internet access at Monash is provided for academic, research and administrative purposes. While we don't filter any content, when using this service you're expected to follow the acceptable use of IT policy and procedures.
STEP 2: REGISTER YOUR DETAILS AND ENROL IN YOUR COURSE
ONLINE ENROLMENT IS OPEN FROM 1 - 18 AUGUST
Register and Enrol
Using your Monash Account, you can now log into our Web Enrolment System (WES) to register your details and enrol in your course. You will need to work through each step in order - each section has to be completed before the next section is unlocked.
- Read through and agree to the Student Acknowledgement, Agreement and Consent
- Read through and complete the student visa and health cover details (OSHC)
- Updated your Postal Address, Home Address and mobile number
- Complete and submit your Unit Enrolment
Please check your offer letter (International Student Course Agreement) for the course that you are going to enrol:
|Course||Unit Code(s) enrolment|
Monash English Bridging for Diploma 15 weeks
Monash English Bridging for University 15 weeks
Monash English Bridging for University 10 weeks
Monash English 15 weeks
ELC0015 and ELD0015
Monash English 20 weeks
ELC0020 and ELD0020
Monash English 25 weeks
|ELC0025 and ELD0025|
Monash English 30 weeks
ELC0030 and ELD0030
Monash English 35 weeks
ELC0035 and ELD0035
Monash English 40 weeks
ELC0040 and ELD0040
Click here to enter Web Enrolment System (WES)
Please contact Student Administration firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulties enrolling in your course.
How to confirm that you have enrolled
After entering your unit(s) and submitting your enrolment, look for:
- ENROLLED next to your unit(s)
- Submission successful and a transaction number beginning with U
Watch the video below for a step by step guide to the process:
If you can't see the above video you can view on Youku.
You must apply for approval to enrol late by emailing email@example.com since you are unable to enrol before the course commencement date, Monday, 22 August 2022.
In your email, include:
- Your family name, given name and Monash student ID number
- An explanation why you cannot complete enrolment on time
- Expected date you will enrol for your English course
If you cannot enrol by Friday 26 August 2022, you may wish to consider deferring your studies. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your deferment.
- Click the Enrolment / Re-enrolment link
- Then agree to the Student Acknowledgement statement
- Read through and complete the OSHC section
- Update your postal address, home address and your mobile number at the same time
- Click Enrol against all the unit(s) listed here. Monash English Bridging for Diplomas and Monash English Bridging for University students will have 1 unit listed. Monash English students will have 2 units listed. The unit(s) will change from UNCONFIRMED to Pending – Enrolled.
- If you can’t find the unit listed, click the To Add Units Click here button and search for the unit(s) that you need to enrol for your English course.
STEP 3: ATTEND YOUR VIRTUAL ORIENTATION (COMPULSORY)
ORIENTATION IS THE OFFICIAL START OF YOUR COURSE.
Complete your Virtual Orientation (compulsory)
The Virtual Orientation will prepare you for your studies and first day of classes. An invitation weblink to the Virtual Orientation will be emailed to your Monash Email Account on Wednesday 10 August 2022.
Zoom is an online video conferencing tool that will keep you connected with your teachers while you are studying virtually from your home.
You will join Zoom meetings to attend your virtual classes. You can use Zoom on a computer or a mobile device. You do not need to download Zoom onto your computer, but you do need to download the app for mobiles and tablets. You will also need a working microphone and speakers.
Please take a moment to read this Zoom: Essential Skills Guide to help you use Zoom as part of the Virtual Classroom.
Virtual Orientation is compulsory and it must be completed before your class begins on Monday 22 August 2022. We will monitor the completion of your Virtual Orientation and will contact you if it is not completed.
Once you complete the videos/activities/quizzes, remember to tick the checkbox on the right side of each information to mark it as complete!
Even if one element of the Virtual Orientation is incomplete, it means that you haven't completed your Virtual Orientation!
An invitation weblink to the LIVE Ask A Question session will be emailed to your Monash Email Account on Wednesday 10 August 2022 (within the Virtual Orientation email).
During the session, you can connect directly with the Monash College team and ask questions about:
- Academic support and tools like Zoom, Moodle and Google Suite
- Enrolment, timetable and fees
- Destination course advice
- Clubs, fun activities and making friends
- Monash account and VPN
Monday 1 August 2022 to Thursday 18 August 2022: Enrol in your course by completing your Online Enrolment via Web Enrolment System.
Wednesday 10 August 2022: Receive the Virtual Orientation weblink to your Monash Email Account
Thursday 18 August 2022: LIVE Ask A Question session will be from 2.00PM - 3.30PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST). An invitation weblink to the LIVE Ask A Question session will be emailed to your Monash email account on Wednesday 10 August 2022.
Friday 19 August 2022: FUN ACTIVITY
Join us at our brand new campus for a treasure hunt group activity and win a selection of fabulous prizes on Friday, 19 August 2022 from 11.00AM - 1.00PM (Australian Eastern Standard Time) at 750 Collins Street
FUN Activity Live Session from 3:00PM-4:00PM (AEST). An invitation weblink to the Fun Activity live session will be emailed to your Monash email account on Wednesday, 10 August 2022.
Friday 19 August 2022: Class Timetable will be released via Allocate+ after 5.30pm (AEST) on this day. Select the 2022 tab and 'Monash College student' under the Students section. You can find more information on your class timetable and Zoom class links under Step 4 'Check your Timetable'.
Monday 22 August 2022: Classes commence.
STEP 4 - CHECK YOUR TIMETABLE
Your timetable will be available after 5:30pm AEST Friday 19 August 2022.
You must complete the Online Enrolment by 1pm AEST, Friday 19 August 2022 to be able to view your timetable when it is officially released.
Enrolling after 1pm AEST, Friday 19 August 2022 may prevent you from starting classes on time.
VIEW YOUR TIMETABLE
- Go to Allocate+: https://www.monash.edu/timetables/allocate/login
- Click on the '2022' Tab and select 'Monash College student'
Tip: Please do not use my.monash app or link to check your Timetable
- Click on 'Timetable' from the top-right menu
- Click on the right side arrow to select the correct week
- Your classes will be shown in coloured blocks. Double-click on a block to see the details for that class.
- Write down the Class (i.e AA14), Course (i.e MEB for Uni) and Teacher(s) (i.e Ram Giri)
FIND YOUR ZOOM CLASS LINKS
- Go to the Moodle Site, Virtual Orientation for Term 7 English language students (embed current link and update each term) or your Course Moodle page.
- Select 'Class Zoom Links'
- Click into the link to access the document where you will find the classes listed by
- Course (i.e MEB for Uni)
- Class (i.e AA14)
- Teacher (i.e Ram Giri)
- Zoom link
- Class Zoom links may become available 1 to 2 hours before classes start.
- Join the class at the time shown in your timetable.
Make sure you copy the zoom link and save this somewhere.
Check your Attendance
To find out your attendance (actual rate%* and projected rate%**), you can email Student Administration at email@example.com Please include your:
- Monash ID Number
- Full name
- Course name
*Actual Attendance Rate% is the % of classes you have come to from the beginning of the current study period until now.
**Projected Attendance Rate% balance starts at 100% and reduces for all absences across the current study period.
Step 5 - Order your Monash student ID card
You may continue to this step only AFTER you have successfully set up your Monash account, completed the Online Enrolment and attended the first day of your class.
TIP: The first step requires you to upload some photo ID such as your passport to verify your identity. This is separate to the photo you provide for your student card.
- Log in to the Web Enrolment System
- In the Student Services section, go to Submit your photo for an ID card option then click Submit your photo.
- Scan and submit your passport photo page (page or pages with both photo and information) as proof of your identity. The photo of your passport should include your name, date of birth, country of origin, etc. View a sample of a passport photo page.
- Submit your individual photo for your student ID card. View Photograph Guidelines.
- Confirm your details, verify that your ID, name and email address is correct. For delivery method, click the Receive by mail option.
Receiving your ID card
Once your ID card is printed and ready, it will be posted to your Melbourne postal address that you updated on the Web Enrolment System.*
If you are currently not in Australia or do not have an Australian postal address you still need to order your ID card. However, you will only receive your ID card once you arrive in Australia. Please update your postal address to an Australian address in WES and email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your card posted to your local address.
Help with this step
A step-by-step guide to applying your Monash Student ID card
Reasons your photo may be rejected
- You haven't provided photo ID such as a passport or driver's licence to verify your identity (first step)
- Your ID document (e.g. passport or licence) was cropped or wasn't scanned properly
- The photo submitted for your student card is too dark
- Previously, you had a Monash University or College ID card
- You selected postage to receive your card but you didn't supply a valid Australian address