Your Monash College life begins now!
Welcome. We want you to enjoy everything about Monash College and imagine that you have lots of questions. This website will help give you an idea of what to expect during your first few weeks of class, the support available and tips on making your Monash College experience even more enjoyable. Once you’ve started class, you’ll find all of your study material on Moodle - our online learning platform. Our teachers are also very friendly and they'll be able to help answer your questions or let you know who can help you.
Enrolment and orientation
Diplomas online enrolment
Foundation Year online enrolment
Monash English Language online enrolment
Download your orientation schedule
Order your Monash ID card
Your Monash account
Congratulations and welcome to Monash College.
Now that you have accepted your offer, it's time to enrol
Before enrolling, make sure you have met all the conditions of your offer. If waiting on a credit outcome, proceed anyway - you can change your units in the first couple of weeks of semester, and we'll be there to help you every step of the way.
Step 1: Create your Monash account
Already have your Monash account? Go straight to step 2.
To set up your Monash account you need your Monash ID. This is in your International Student Course Agreement (ISCA).
If you're unable to watch this video, view it on Youku
Help with this step
If you've received a previous offer and already have a Monash account, you don't need to create a new one - go straight to step 2.
For any problems creating an account, accessing your email, or forgetting your password, contact the Service Desk for help.
You can also register for self-service password reset to retrieve a forgotten password.
For English Language students, you may use this First Day Essential guideline to assist you with this step.
Use your account to access your email, class timetable, my.monash portal, course materials, ask.monash, the library and the Web Enrolment System (WES).
We delete your account if you don't complete your enrolment, so make sure you enrol by the deadline.
Internet access at Monash is provided for academic, research and administrative purposes. While we don't filter any content, when using this service you're expected to follow the acceptable use of IT policy and procedures.
To access your Monash mail account login to my.monash
Your Monash account is the only email the University will use to communicate with you. You should check it at least twice a week so you don't miss important messages about your enrolment or studies.
Monash IT handbook
For information about connecting to wi-fi, systems, computer labs and more, check out the Student Technology Essentials Handbook (pdf, 1.39 mb) .
Step 2: Register details
Using your Monash account, you can now login to register your details in the WES (Web Enrolment System).
Work through this task sequentially - each section has to be completed before the next section is unlocked.
Register your details
You'll need to agree to the education and health cover rules for overseas students. Next, work your way through the Enrolment Summary screen to:
- update your contact information
- fill out the enrolment questionnaire
Managing your account
The most important thing to remember about your Monash account is that it needs to be up to date!
If you change address, phone number, personal email address or subjects we need to know! Making sure your Monash College account profile has the correct information will prevent problems and make your life easier.
Step 3: Order your Monash student ID card
You may continue to this step only after you have successfully set up your Monash account and attended first day of Orientation. If you had a Monash ID card from an earlier course, you may skip this step and use the current card until it is expired.
TIP: The first step requires you to upload some photo ID such as your passport to verify your identity. This is separate to the photo you provide for your student card.
- Login to the Web Enrolment System.
- In the Student Services section, go to Submit your photo for an ID card option and then click Submit your photo.
- Scan and submit your passport photo page (page or pages with both photo and information) as proof of your identity. The photo of your passport should include your name, date of birth, country of origin, etc View a sample of a passport photo page.
- Submit your individual photo for your student ID card. View photograph guidelines
- Confirm your details page, verify that your ID, name and email address is correct. For Delivery Method, click the Receive by Mail option.
Receiving your ID card
Once your ID card is printed and ready, it will be posted to your Melbourne personal postal address that you updated on the Web Enrolment System. Make sure you have updated your details to have your correct accommodation address. We don't post cards outside Australia.
Help with this step
A step-by-step guide to applying your Monash Student ID card
Reasons your photo may be rejected
- You haven't provided photo ID such as a passport or driver's licence to verify your identity (first step)
- Your ID document (e.g. passport or licence) was cropped or wasn't scanned properly
- The photo submitted for your student card is too dark
- Previously, you had a Monash University or College ID card
- You selected postage to receive your card but you didn't supply a valid Australian address
Your student ID card is called an M-Pass. You can use it to:
- access your campus building
- add credit to pay for printing, copying and library fines
- borrow books and resources from the library
- access student discounts
- identify yourself on campus and at exams.
For more details, see student ID cards.