A Monash College Diploma of Science provides a pathway into the second year of a Monash University Science degree.*
You will study subjects such as Chemistry, Physics, Data Management and Psychology. These subjects will give you a head start for your science degree.
Five reasons to choose the Diploma of Science:
- A pathway into second year of a science degree Monash University.*
- Learn on campus at Clayton.
- You want to study biology, chemistry, physics and mathematics and would like to make a start on your future degree.
- Receive individual attention – benefit from small class sizes and learning support.
- Study the same curriculum and assessments as first year undergraduate students.
Diploma of Science course structure
Part 1 consists of two trimesters over eight months. Study four core science subjects each trimester that will prepare you for part 2.
Part 2 consists of two trimesters over eight months. During your first and second trimester you will choose one elective depending on your interests and intended science major.
You will study the same curriculum and complete the same assessments as first year undergraduate students. Classes will help you develop your critical thinking skills and university research techniques. These skills will prepare you for success at Monash University.
Assessment consists of group projects, oral presentations, poster presentations, tutorial assessments and
Your future career options
A Diploma of Science can lead you to a career as a:
- business analyst
- animal technical
- science teacher
- government adviser.
* Entry requirements into Monash College and Monash University apply.