Learning Skills Advisers can help you improve your study habits, skills and results.
You can join a workshop (Learning Skills class), make an individual appointment or attend a drop-in session for advice. We can help with:
- Writing and referencing
- Time-management, planning and organisation skills
- Reading and note-taking
- English language development
- Maths, physics and engineering support
Find resources for these topics and many more. Check out our Quick guides.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) support
Learning skills advisers can help you with the following:
- Fundamental concepts in mathematics and physics
- Problem-solving strategies
- Mathematical communication for assignments
- Lab report and project report writing for physics and engineering units
Here are some useful resources to help you develop your English language skills. Self enrol in our Modules at different levels: A2-B1 Intermediate; B1-B2 Upper intermediate; B2-C1 Advanced. Modules focus on:
- Speaking and Pronunciation
- IELTS preparation and practice
In your course, you will learn to cite and reference the sources you use for your assignments. Academic integrity is being honest about where your information comes from.
All students must complete an Academic Integrity module before beginning the course. You will find it in your Moodle sites.