Domestic students

If you are a domestic student, you can study a Monash College diploma.

You'll be considered a domestic student if you are:

  • an Australian citizen
  • an Australian permanent resident
  • a holder of an Australian permanent humanitarian visa
  • a New Zealand citizen.

The diploma program has three intakes per year. The application process varies depending on your intake. Use the steps below to apply.

Please note:

  • Full tuition fees apply, Commonwealth Supported Places (CSP) are not available for domestic students. You may be eligible for FEE-HELP.
  • Domestic student tuition fees are guaranteed by the Australian Government's Tuition Protection Service.
  • Diploma offers can be deferred for a maximum of 12 months. See your offer letter for details.

Here's how to apply

Monash College offers diplomas leading into Monash University degrees in arts, art, design and architecture, business, engineering, information technology, science, and education double degrees.

If you are an Australian student with recent Year 11 or Year 12 qualifications or equivalent, you can study a diploma if you meet the entry requirements.

Entry requirements

Before applying, please check you meet the entry requirements and prerequisite subjects for your course.

Entry into the Fine Arts stream in the Diploma of Art & Design also requires a folio. If you do not have a folio, you may be eligible for study part 1.

Credit for prior learning

If you have passed units in the Monash Extension program or at another tertiary institution, you may be eligible for a credit transfer. You need to apply before enrolling in a course.

You can apply through VTAC if you are:

  • a Year 12 student (in Victoria and interstate)
  • an International Baccalaureate (IB) student in Australia
  • a non Year 12 applicant
  • a Queensland External Senior student
  • studying the IB overseas
  • studying a Year 12 equivalent qualification.

Submit your VTAC preferences

Applications through VTAC open early August and close in late September. There are also late and very late application periods with higher fees.

Change of preference

You will have an opportunity to change your preferences after receiving your exam results.

Special entry program

Domestic applicants may be eligible for one or more special entry programs when applying through VTAC or the online form. Find out about the Special Entry Access Scheme (SEAS)

For more information about the VTAC application process, contact VTAC directly.

You can apply directly to Monash College if you are an Australian student with a recent qualification:

  • Year 11
  • Year 12 (for trimesters two or three, or if the VTAC round has closed for February).

Prepare your application

  1. Collect certified copies of your most recent academic results.
  2. Go to the my.application portal
  3. Under All other courses (Australia, Malaysia, or South Africa), choose Register and Apply here to start your application.
  4. If you are applying for the Fine Arts stream in the Diploma of Art & Design part 2 you will need to submit a folio of creative work (PDF, 0.08 MB).

Submit your application

Email your supporting documents to

or send by mail to:

Central Admissions
Monash Connect, Clayton Campus
21 Chancellors Walk, Campus Centre
Monash University
VIC 3800, Australia.

If you meet all of the entry requirements, you will receive an offer for a Monash College diploma.

To accept this offer you will need to complete and return the Monash College Domestic Acceptance Form to Admissions. The form can be emailed or posted to:

Central Admissions
Monash Connect, Clayton Campus
21 Chancellors Walk, Campus Centre
Monash University
VIC 3800, Australia.

Congratulations! You're heading to one of the world's best universities. You need to prepare to arrive so you know what to expect here.

We're looking forward to meeting you!

No content