Apply for discontinuation
If you are no longer able or don’t want to continue studying your English course, you can apply for discontinuation.
If you have met the pathway requirement to transfer to Monash English Bridging, Foundation Year, Diploma or Monash University courses, you may submit your discontinuation application, including your new offer letter from Central Admissions, directly to Student Admin. If you have not yet obtained a new offer letter, you will need to request it from Central Admissions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking to discontinue due to other reasons that may be personal, or if you are looking to transfer to another institution or provider, you will need to make an appointment directly with your Head of Studies to discuss and submit your application.
Foundation Year and Diploma students
If you are no longer able or don’t want to continue studying Foundation Year or Diploma, you can apply for discontinuation.
You must apply for discontinuation before the relevant semester Census Date to avoid financial penalties. You will still have to pay for the semester or trimester if you apply for discontinuation after the Census Date. To avoid academic penalties, you must also apply for discontinuation before the academic penalty date of the relevant semester.
- The academic penalty date is your last opportunity to discontinue from any units without academic penalty. Contact your Head of Studies or Learning Consultants for more information.
- The Census Date is your last opportunity to discontinue from any units without financial penalty. Contact your Head of Studies or Learning Consultants for more information.
- To access the census and academic penalty deadline, please see:
How to apply
To apply for discontinuation you’ll need to:
- complete an Application for Discontinuation Form (find the discontinuation form here, choose the correct form according to your program)
- supply supporting documentation (e.g. medical certificate or full offer letter from Monash College or Monash University or another education provider)
- complete a Monash University Release Letter Application Form (only if you are planning on leaving Monash College for another education provider)
- along with the Release Letter Application, provide a personal statement explaining your reason(s) for leaving Monash College
- notify your sponsor of your intention if you are a sponsored student
- make an appointment to submit the application with your Head of Studies:
Your Head of Studies will assess your application and make a decision about whether your application is approved. Student Admin will communicate the outcome to you via email. If you are also applying for a release letter, please allow an additional 10 working days for Central Admissions to make a decision.