Under 18 guardianship program
As a student who is under 18 you will have a Guardian – the person who is responsible for you until you turn 18.
By now, your Guardian will have been in contact with you and arranged a time to meet.
At Monash College, our team of guardians are there to take care of you until you turn 18. Think of us as a friendly face you can turn to whenever you need help. Your guardian will help you settle into life in Melbourne. You will also have regular meetings with your guardian on campus to make sure you feel happy and supported. As of 30th March 2020 until further advice, your guardian will be meeting you via digital channels .
Our guardians can help you with:
- organising your orientation
- opening a bank account
- accommodation matters
- arranging medical appointments
- mental wellbeing
- academic support
- making friends
- supporting you during emergencies
- reporting feedback to your parents
- reviewing holiday applications
- general advice
By now, you should be living in your new accommodation. It’s important to let your Guardian know how you are settling in.
Your Guardian can give you some advice on:
- Communicating with your host family, roommates or accommodation staff. Changing accommodation
- Holiday plans.
- How to make the most of your time in your new accommodation.
You’re not alone. Many of our students are under 18 and we organise regular events to help you make friends. Check in with your Guardian to see what’s on, or check out the Student Engagement Recreation page for other activities.