Explore career options
Explore your career options
- Career Planning
- Creating a LinkedIn Profile.
It’s never too early to start planning your future and exploring your career options. Career Advisers are available to help you set career goals, research career information, and complete career testing where appropriate to get to know yourself.
When creating a career plan, maintain a flexible approach that allows you to make changes along the way and develop yourself.
The below are four areas you should think about when career planning:
- Clarify your skills and interests
- Research opportunities
- Make career decisions
- Put a transition plan in place
Career Planning Resources
Researching opportunities and making informed decisions about your future career choices is exciting. You may also learn about options you never knew existed.
The following websites are great tools for you to learn more about different career options in Australia and where a field of study could take you:
You can also learn more about different career options by using a range of resources including:
- industry and professional associations
- employer websites
- careers expos and events
- networking with friends and family contacts
Creating a LinkedIn Profile
In today’s working work, building an online personal brand is important. LinkedIn is an online platform that allows you to build an online professional profile and start your brand.
LinkedIn is a place you can look for jobs, build professional connections while you’re studying, keep up to date with what is happening in your industry and it can help you start your career.
Review the below list of LinkedIn resources to help you get started with creating your profile:
- Click here for 10 tips on how to create a great student profile.
- Click here to watch a video overview on what having a LinkedIn profile can do for you.
- Click here to watch a video on the top 5 items to include in your LinkedIn profile
Register for an upcoming creating a LinkedIn Profile Workshop on College Connect in order to create a professional LinkedIn Profile.