Safety and Security
Ensuring your safety
Making sure our staff and students always feel safe is a priority for Monash College. That’s why we have a range of security services in place across every campus.
If you need security immediately and you are on campus you can call 9905 3333 from any phone. If calling from a Monash College phone you only need to dial 333.
If you have a general security enquiry and don't need urgent assistance, call 9902 7777. Security services are available 24 hours, seven days a week.
For emergencies off campus call 000 (triple zero) for police, ambulance or fire.
Our security buses make it easy to get around our Clayton and Caulfield campuses.
The buses can also help you with transport off campus as well:
- Our Caulfield bus, which runs from 5.30pm to midnight, Monday to Friday, can take you off campus and drop you at designated points within a 2km radius of the campus
- Our Clayton bus runs from 5.30pm to 12.30am, 7 nights a week. By picking this up at our 24/7 security office, you can be dropped off wherever you want within a 2km radius.
We also make it easy for you to report problem or inappropriate behaviour on campus. In the unlikely event that an incident occurs, our Student Safety Manager can support you.
Student Safety Manager
The Student Safety Manager can help with:
- Assistance with reporting a crime, including taking you to the police station to help with a report if needed
- Obtaining information about criminal matters, including updates regarding criminal matters already reported or information about police processes
- Explaining court processes and the criminal justice system, such as what might happen at court
- Giving general, practical advice about personal safety.
Students can speak to the Student Safety Manager for matters that aren't an emergency by:
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- calling 9905 2112 or 0438 524 187
Students may also drop in to speak in a safe and private space at room 3.06 at Bourke Street campus, depending on the availability of the Student Safety Manager. Please email or call in advance to find out the schedule. There is also a safety book available by clicking here.