Our foundation year prepares more than 1500 international students for Monash University each year. If you want a degree from a top one per cent university, Monash University Foundation Year is the place to start.
After successfully completing foundation year, you will have guaranteed entry into first year at Monash University.
Our expert teachers will develop your academic and English skills, and teach you to study in the Monash style. Their support and guidance will make sure you’re ready to start your degree at Monash University.
Why study Monash University Foundation Year?
- Guaranteed entry to Monash University (remember, you need to meet the entry requirements and degree prerequisites).
- Curriculum designed to prepare you for success at Monash University.
- Our teachers are experts in teaching international students.
- Enter all 10 faculties at Monash University after studying foundation year.
- We use the same advanced learning technology as Monash University.
- Highly supportive environment – you'll have a team of experts such as a learning skills adviser, student counsellor, careers adviser and library staff to support you.
Foundation year at a glance
|Destination||1st year Monash University|
|Duration||Standard: 12 months|
Intensive: 9 months
Extended: 18 months
|Class structure||Classes and laboratory practicals for science subjects|
|Contact hours||5 hours per unit, per week|
|Intakes||January, March, July and August|
|Subjects||Choose from 12 subjects, English is compulsory|
|International locations||Jakarta International College, Indonesia|
Sunway College, Malaysia
Universal College Lanka, Sri Lanka
What you will study
You must study English. You’ll also choose another three or four subjects each semester (8–10 units in total). Each subject consists of two units, eg. Unit 1 English, Unit 2 English.
Think about what subjects you need to study to be accepted into your Monash degree. We also recommend you consider studying mathematics – you will have more choice at university. Not sure what to choose? Don’t worry. Our Head of Studies will be happy to help.
Tip: It’s also a good idea to think about which subjects you enjoy – this will help you do your best.
Foundation Year subject options
Read more about: