Prepare for success at Monash University with direct entry into undergraduate degrees from all 10 faculties.
The Monash University Foundation Year is a pre-university program with proven success in preparing students for Monash University. As a Foundation Year student, you’ll develop your academic and English skills to the level expected of Monash University students, while studying subjects that prepare you for your future undergraduate course.
Our supportive environment and dedicated teaching and support staff will guide you each step of the way, helping you to achieve your academic potential.
Why study Monash University Foundation Year?
- Guaranteed entry to Monash University (remember, you need to meet the entry requirements and degree prerequisites).
- Curriculum designed to prepare you for success at Monash University.
- Our teachers are experts in teaching international students.
- Enter all 10 faculties at Monash University after studying foundation year.
- We use the same advanced learning technology as Monash University.
- Highly supportive environment – you'll have a team of experts such as a learning skills adviser, student counsellor, careers adviser and library staff to support you.
Foundation year at a glance
|Destination||1st year Monash University|
Standard: 12 months|
Intensive: 9 months
Extended: 18 months
|Class structure||Classes and laboratory practicals for science subjects|
|Contact hours||5 hours per unit, per week|
|Intakes||January, March, July and August|
|Subjects||Choose from 13 subjects, English is compulsory|
Jakarta International College, Indonesia|
Sunway College, Malaysia
Universal College Lanka, Sri Lanka
Virscend Education, China (2019 onwards)
Find out more on our international partners pages.
What you will study
We offer 13 subjects as part of the Foundation Year program. Each subject is offered in two parts:
- Unit 1 introduces you to the subject area and key themes;
- Unit 2 expands your knowledge and understanding.
- Units 1 and 2 of English (compulsory subject) AND
- Units 1 and 2 of at least two other subjects AND
- Two additional units (stand alone units or paired subject units)
Each subject has a set of learning objectives that are aligned with the requirements for Monash University undergraduate degrees. Our curriculum combines essential theory and practical knowledge with the four skills critical to your future studies and your career: critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and collaboration.
Foundation Year subject options
Read more about: