Important changes to Monash College English Language Programs
Monash College is committed to excellence in education and our students’ career journey. As a result, it’s important that our programs are continually reviewed to meet the changing demands of international education.
What is changing
From July 2023, the Monash College English language programs delivery format will be simplified.
We will no longer offer three individual English programs: Monash English, Monash English Bridging for Diplomas and Monash English Bridging for University. These programs will form one comprehensive program: Monash English.
Monash English will consist of four, 10-week modules, offering consistent, discipline-specific learning closely aligned to each students' future path. The level of proficiency, aligned with the destination of choice, will determine the entry and exit points and the number of modules required to be completed.
The Monash English language will continue to meet world standards of excellence and provide a world-class learning experience.
Monash English students will:
- Stay on track and excel in their studies with help of continuous assessment, feedback on progress and performance, allowing for early intervention if required.
- Be future ready to study or work with confidence with discipline-specific learning activities aligned to their discipline areas.
- Be citizens of a larger community, strengthened by our students’ cultural diversity which encourages new ways of thinking, empathy and awareness.
- Develop friendships and connections with their learning community inside and outside of class through community-based activities.
- Have multiple entry and exit points aligned with destination programs, enrolment and intake dates.
What does this mean for students who are already enrolled in an English program?
We have steps in place to ensure that all affected students, regardless of where they are in their program, will be minimally impacted by these changes.
- Students who are nearing completion will be able to continue in their program.
- For those at the start of their journey, we will provide them with a smooth transition into the new program.
- Students who have already accepted their offer to commence their studies in the second half of 2023 will be contacted individually and offered a tailored solution based on their needs.
Further details about this exciting new program, including the structure, key dates and fees can be found on our website.